Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Murder at the Vicarage

Hola... Murder at the Vicarage is by Agatha Christie. Leonard Clement is the Vicar in the small town of St. Mary Mead when a man is found dead right in his very study. The entire town is unsettled and rumors abound as the rather gossipy community tries to pin the blame. However, the virtuous Mr. Clement is determined to find the murderer, and with the help of the local police, he just might. But the true focus of this book is Miss Marple, the incredibly sharp-witted old woman who lives near the vicarage. This is all a dare say about it, as I don't want to give anything away. I have to say, this is not the best Agatha Christie I have read, and I've been on quite a kick of them, recently. I liked the small, tightly woven town personality, though. It was fairly entertaining, but seemed to have far too much extraneous story; the plot was rather meandering. Overall, not too shabby; two and a half stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment