Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pendragon, Book One: The Merchant of Death

HO-LA. So, I think that I am going to write about Pendragon Book One: The Merchant of Death. It's by DJ MacHale, and I actually met him once, (He was super cool!), but I hadn't read any of his books at the time. Well, it's about a boy named Bobby Pendragon, who just so happens to be a Traveler! Meaning: he is one of the few people that can travel the flumes in between territories. I know, super confusing, but it's really complicated! There are 10 territories—think of them as planets that you can get to by going through tunnels through time and space. Fun! Each territory is going to have a turning point in its history, determining if there will be peace or chaos. And it is the Travelers job to see that the territories go the peaceful way. But of course, things are never that simple. Saint Dane, the shape shifting, power hungry, rather insane Traveler is ready to destroy all of the territories. All so that he can pick up the pieces and create a new place, ruled, (DUH!) by Saint Dane. So far I am on the sixth book and they are AMAZING! If, so far, you agree with my ratings for books, them you will adore the Pendragon series!!! Four and a half stars!!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE PENDRAGON SERIES!!!!! I give FIVE AND AND A HALF STARS!!!!!!!

    P.S. the "i love loor", "don't trust spader", "I love Gunny", "mark is a nerd" , "I hate Saint Daine", and "kill spader for hitting on Cortney" fan clubs are now excepting members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? But I do agree with all of those comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't read the last two books! Apparently they are awful. (I took my own advice and didn't read them)

    ReplyDelete