Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Two Princesses of Bamerre

Hola! I know! I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I last posted! But alas, I grow lazy! To make up for my absence I am doing The Two Princesses of Bamerre by Gail Carson Levine. Meryl and Addie, as the title announces, are the two princesses of Bamerre. The elder, Meryl is fearless and brave, while Addie prefers to watch her sister's theatrics. However, when Meryl contracts the dreaded Gray Death, Addie finds her only comfort in the world in need to help. Along with the assistance of the young sorcerer Rhys, Addie must go on the adventure of a lifetime, and meet enough trouble to last her a lifetime as well. I really liked this book. I thought that the way the dragon was portrayed really brought the character to life; and the strength and almost dangerous determination of Meryl was also good. The only things I didn't really enjoy was the character Rhys, and the length of Addie's journey. Rhys was not nearly developed enough in the story so I felt like I barley knew him at the end. And I thought that the book was just a little bit too short, I was fully prepared for another fifty pages. Though, on the whole, I very much enjoyed reading The Two Princesses of Bamerre, three stars.

2 comments: