Sunday, May 23, 2010

City of Fire

Hola, City of Fire by Laurence Yep is my next book. It is set in some sort of mythological San Francisco, (my home-town!) meaning that people see and understand many types of creatures, including: griffins, dragons, gods, air spirits, and many more. In this book, a twelve-year-old girl named Scirye sets out on a mission to avenge her sister and take back what was stolen from her people by a power hungry dragon and mysterious Mr. Roland. Accompanied by Leech, an unknowingly powerful boy, Koko, his sketchy companion, and Bayang, a dragon in disguise. If you are interested in books that are slightly confusing and very fantastical, City of Fire is awesome. (Personally, I like magical and confusing books, so I loved it.) Four stars! (By the way, I love the cover art!)

No comments:

Post a Comment